August 8, 2019
Update for Vimalin for Windows.
A user was having issues with running backups against VMware Workstation 10.x with a lock file. Although Workstation 10.x is officially not supported that is now addressed.
There are some other small fixes, so we do recommend to update.
More details are here: Vimalin for Windows 2.0.404 update
January 22, 2019
Release of Vimalin for Windows.
Finally there is a product for making automated backups of Virtual Machines running under VMware Workstation Professional.
Vimalin for Windows has feature parity with Vimalin for Fusion, so you can expect the same functionality.
- Automated backups and backup rollover
- Backup to external/local disks or network shares
- Email notifications on success and/or failure of backups
- Backup Library for managing your backups, keep notes, compress/decompress, view details
- A log window showing details of the backup process
- Dark mode support
- Uses VMware automation, no need to install anything in your guest OS
- and more
October 1, 2018
Release of Vimalin for Fusion 2.0.327
This update takes care of a few inconveniences in the UI of the 2.0 release and adds extra support for guest OS’s.
September 24, 2018
Release of Vimalin for Fusion 2.0
A free update for existing users!
For older news, please see our Forum Updates